Honda Activa 5G: India Launch, Price, Images, Dimensions
We previously reported that Honda 2Wheelers India showcased new Activa 5G scooter at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2018 which is slated to launch in the domestic market soon. The Activa nameplate had been game changing model for the Japanese bike manufacturing company ever since its inception for the Indian market. With the increasing competition and demand in the Indian market, the company aims to lead the segment with its newest offering – Honda Activa 5G wherein suffix 5G represents fifth generation. To proffer more details about the recently unveiled scooter, we list down top 5 things that you should know about the new Activa 5G.
1. The overall design of the scooter seems to be identical to the current model (Activa 4G). However, there are many reminiscent changes on the new version of the scooter. It gets new stylish full LED headlamp which is first in the segment along with position lights as well. It will measure 1761mm, 710mm, 1149mm in length, width and length respectively along with wheelbase of 1238mm and ground clearance of 153mm. The kerb weight of the scooter stands at 108 kgs.
2. Further accentuating the elegant styling and design of the scooter, the Japanese bike maker will offer the Activa 5G in 9 exciting shades that include Black, Imperial Red Metallic, Trance Blue Metallic, Matte Axis Grey Metallic, Pearl Amazing White, Majestic Brown Metallic, and Matte Selene Silver Metallic, Dazzle Yellow Metallic and Pearl Spartan Red.
3. The new Honda Activa 5G comes loaded with features which include semi-digital instrument cluster, dedicated mobile phone pocket, a 4-in-1 lock, seat-release button and much more. The scooter also gets fixed shopping hook at the front while the rear hook retractable one. In order to proffer more convenience to the rider, the new Activa 5G will also feature mobile phone charging socket likewise the current model. Further highlights of the new Honda Activa 2018 are 5.3-litre fuel tank, combi-braking system, ground clearance of 153mm, storage space of 18-litres and much more.
4. The newest Activa 5G comes powered by the same 109.19cc engine which is equipped on the current Activa 4G which is capable of making 8bhp of max power at 7,500rpm along with peak torque of 9Nm at 5,500rpm. The unit will be mated to a CVT automatic gearbox.
5. Honda Activa 5G India launch is expected to happen soon probably sometime next month. Expect a marginal price hike for the new scooter which could be around INR 54,000 (Ex-showroom). Once launched, it will lock horns with Hero Maestro Edge, TVS Jupiter and the Suzuki Access.
PostedOn: 22 Feb 2018
Total Views: 2061